1. Bursaries are available to South African Citizens that are financially needy and deserving
applicants from rural areas as they are faced with limited access to opportunities.
2. These bursaries are aimed at enhancing the transformation of the mining & energy sectors.
3. The bursary is only available to applicants who want to pursue their studies at a South African
University or University of Technology.
4. First preference will be given to first year students and bursary is NOT available to applicants who
wish to pursue a post-graduate qualification.
5. Please note that the bursary is for full time studies only and bursary agreements will only be
entered into with successful applicants for the 2022 academic year who will register for full time
studies. It will be required of successful applicants to provide confirmation of being unemployed at
the time of signing the bursary agreement.
6. The awarding of the bursary is the sole discretion of the DMRE, and communication will only be
entered into with the pre-selected candidate(s). The Department reserves the right not to award a
bursary to any pre-selected candidate(s)
1. Ensure that the form is completed in full by using block letters and mark appropriate boxes with an X.
2. 2022 Bursary application forms can be downloaded from www.dmre.gov.za
3. Please attach certified copies of documents as per the checklist
4. Please complete section E fully as motivation for a bursary and attach any supporting documentation.
5. Applicants with less than level 6 (HG symbol B) in pure Mathematics and Science will not be considered.
Download the Bursary application form In The Department Of Mineral Resources And Energy below