How to apply for the University of KwaZulu-Natal 2023 intake
Are you interested in studying at the University of KwaZulu-Natal in 2023? Here is the guide. The University of KwaZulu-Natal is a public university in South Africa that offers a wide range of programmes in the fields of Agriculture, Engineering & Science, Health Sciences, Humanities and Law & Management Studies. The university is inviting undergraduate and postgraduate applicants from South Africa and the international world for its 2023 intake.
The application process for the University of KwaZulu-Natal
You must make an online application via CAO at www.cao.ac.za. However, manual applications can be made for NDP Programmes, changing campuses and some postgraduate programmes. You can apply directly to www.ukzn.ac.za and click on Apply to UKZN. You can follow the steps below:
- Complete the online application form. You must indicate on the application form if you need financial assistance or residence.
- Upload your certified copies of the supporting documents:
- Pay your non-refundable application fee.
How much is the application fee for the University of KwaZulu-Natal 2023 intake
- R250 if you apply before 31 October 2022 or R470 if you pay from 1 November 2022.
- For any changes to your application, you will pay R120
- South African applicants – R210 if you apply on time or R420 for late applications
- Applicants from Africa – R490
- Applicants from other continents – $153
How to pay the application fees for the University of KwaZulu-Natal
- You can pay at any EasyPay using your application number and EasyPay number as a reference
- You can pay via the internet by printing a deposit slip, quoting the CAO number and making a bank deposit
What documents will be required when applying to the University of KwaZulu-Natal
- ID/ Passport
- Latest results, i.e. matric, O/A level, National Senior Certificate
- Relevant bachelor’s degree if you are applying for postgraduate
- Proof from USAF that you qualify to study at South African Universities
- Degree certificates/ reference letters if you have studied at other universities
- Proof of English proficiency if you are from a nonspeaking country
- SAQA / USAF certificates if you have international qualifications
- A valid study visa if you are an international applicant
- A research proposal/ proposed topic for your thesis if you are applying for postgraduate studies
- Financial Assistance
Fees and Financial Aid
For the 2023 fees and bursaries available, please look at the 2023 undergraduate and postgraduate prospectus. You can also look at the programmes in these brochures and all other information about the 2023 intake applications.