How to apply for the University of South Africa 2023 intake
The University of South Africa is an Open distance learning (ODeL) university. It offers a range of qualifications in its eight colleges of Accounting Sciences, Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, Economic and Management Sciences, Education, Graduate Studies, Human Sciences, Law and Science, Engineering and Technology. The university also has an additional college called the Graduate School of Business Leadership.
What is Open Distance Learning?
Open Distance Learning means that you will be learning off campus, learning online, and being responsible for your studies in terms of time and planning. UNISA will provide tutorial support, counselling support, and online tools to make your studies easy.
What qualifications does the University of South Africa offer?
- Undergraduate higher certificates, diplomas & degrees, advanced certificates, advanced diplomas & postgraduate certificates: www.unisa.ac.za/qualifications
- Honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas: www.unisa.ac.za/qualificationsHONS
- Master’s and doctoral qualifications: www.unisa.ac.za/qualificationsMD
- Short learning programmes: www.unisa.ac.za/slp
How much is the application fee for applying to the University of South Africa
The application fee is R120 for online applications. You must pay the application fee when UNISA gives you a student number. Pay the application fee once you’ve received a student number from UNISA and use the student number as the application fee reference number. You must send your proof of payment to email@example.com. Click www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo for banking details.
The Application Process
Applicants who wish to enrol at Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement may apply via the TVET colleges or online via UNISA. UNISA will announce its application dates for 2023 on its official website, www.unisa.ac.za. All other applicants for UNISA qualifications can be applied online by completing application forms at www.unisa.ac.za/apply in five simple steps:
- Understand what is ODeL
- Understand your career choices
- Choose a career you wish you pursue, and you can apply for two qualifications.
- Complete the online application form
- Wait for the outcomes of your application
UNISA will notify both successful and unsuccessful applicants of their application outcomes. If you are successful, the university will send you an offer letter which you will need to accept within the days specified, or the university will withdraw the offer. Before you take the offer, you are required to complete the compulsory free online First-Year Experience MOOC for you to be able to accept the offer.
What are the required documents when applying to the University of South Africa?
You must upload the following documents as individual files not larger than 2048KB each. They must also be in black and white and in PDF, Doc or TIF formats.
- Copy of your school qualifications
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s), if applicable.
- Copy of your South African ID or ID/passport if you are an international student
- Copy of your marriage certificate/ divorce decree, if applicable
- English or Afrikaans translations of your qualifications if they are in other languages
For further information, kindly connect with UNISA on: