How to apply for the University of the Free State 2023 Intake
The University of the Free State 2023 applications is now open, offering undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. It also provides University Access Programmes. If you are interested in furthering your study, here is an opportunity for you to apply to UFS. The university of the Free State is in Bloemfontein, the capital of the Free State. The university thrives to achieve academic excellence in the country, continent and the whole world. It has seven faculties: Economic and Management Sciences, Theology and Religion, Health Sciences, Law, Natural and Agricultural Sciences, Education and Humanities.
How much is it to apply to the University of the Free State
Applications are for free.
When is the University of the Free State closing its 2023 applications?
- 31 August – all applications
- 30 September – Transferring students
- See undergraduates prospectus on page 45
When are the University of the Free State’s final dates for paying fees for 2023?
South African citizens:
31 March – 1st semester
31 August – 2nd semester
31 March – the 1st semester
30 June – 2nd semester
How to apply to the University of the Free State 2023 intake
- You can go to ufs.ac.za/apply and apply now.
- You need to apply for two programmes, preferably a selection and a non-selection programme.
- Complete the online application form and indicate if you need financial assistance and residence
- Upload your supporting documents in pdf or jpeg format
- Submit your application
- You will receive a student number upon submission
- The college will evaluate your application; if your grade 12 results are not yet available, the university will re-evaluate your applications when your results come out.
- If your application is successful, the university will send you an offer letter which you will need to accept within the given time.
What are the required documents when applying to the University of the Free State?
- Your ID if you are a South African or passport if you are an international student
- Your parents’/guardians’ IDs if you’re younger than 18 years. If you are a foreigner, submit your parents’/guardians’ passports.
- Your most recent results with a school stamp if you have not yet written your final grade results
- Your National Senior Certificate of grade 12 certificate if you have completed high school
- Your academic record if you were previously enrolled at another institution of higher education
- All postgraduate programmes at the university are selection programmes. You can visit the university to view the 2023 postgraduate prospectus.
- You need to refer to the faculty you wish to study before you start your application to check for information on how you will apply, as some of the programmes require you to apply or pre-register to the department. You also need to check additional documents that may be required to accompany your application, i.e. CV, motivational letter, dissertation proposal etc.
- You can now proceed to make your online application and upload all the supporting documents, including your transcript, certificate or degree if you are transferring from another university and your SAQA certificate if you have foreign academic qualifications.
University of the Free State Contact details
Application Helpdesk Enquiries:
Tel: +27 51 4019111
Undergraduate/Postgraduate Certificates and Diplomas/Honours students:
Tel: +27 51 401 3003 | +27 51 401 2806
Fax: +27 51 401 3579
Masters and Doctoral students:
Tel: +27 51 401 9090
Fax: +27 51 401 3579
Housing and Residence Affairs:
Tel: +27 51 401 3455 or +27 51 401 3562