Northern Cape Urban TVET College 2023 Intake
Northern Cape Urban TVET College is one of the two Technical and Vocational Education and Training colleges in the Northern Cape, formed due to the the merger of Moremogolo / Taemaneng, R C Elliott and Northern Cape Technical Colleges. The Northern Cape Department of Education indicated that the three technical colleges should merge, which became effective on 1 April 2002. NCU TVET college has three campuses, namely City Campus, Moremogolo Campus and Phatsimang Campus.
Courses offered at Northern Cape Urban TVET College
- Report 191
- National Certificate Vocational
Addresses and Contact Details of NCU TVET College
Private Bag X5031
37-41 Long Street
Tel: (053) 839-2063
Fax: (053) 839-2068
Private Bag X5031
Tel: (053) 839-2000
Fax: (053) 832-1713
Private Bag X5028
777 Nobengula Road
Tel: (053) 802-4700
Fax: (053) 802-4777
How to register at Northern Cape Urban (NCU) TVET College
Go to the college’s website http://ncutvet.edu.za/index.html for the application and registration dates and processes.
What does the student require to register at Northern Cape Urban TVET College?
- Completed registration forms for college and/or hostel
- Correct and valid personal information of the student and parents/guardians
- Applications must be completed in black ink
Required documents when registering at NCU TVET College.
- One original certified copy of the following:
- Certified copy of the Student’s ID
- Certified copy of the school report/statement of results.
- Certified copy of parents/guardians ID
- Salary slips of parents/guardians or sworn affidavits stating their income
- Proof of residential address of parent/guardian(s).
- Student’s proof of residence during studies.
- Copy of deposit slip.
- Completed bursary application forms.
Apply online on www.nsfas.org.za and upload all the required documents. These documents must be certified.
Documents required when applying for NSFAS Bursary
- Student’s ID
- Academic results of new students
- Proof of marital status of married, divorced or widowed
- Proof of residence
- Parent’s/guardian(s) ID
- ID of each family member you stay with
- Proof of income of parents/guardians
- Proof of residence of parents/guardian
- Death certificate if parents are deceased
Who is eligible to apply for the bursaries?
- South African students
- Full-Time students
What are the criteria for awarding bursaries at Northern Cape Urban TVET College?
- Financial needs of the student based on the parents/guardian’s monthly income
- Students who passed previous courses at the college
- At least 80% of lectures attendance
Does the student have to pay back the bursary after graduating?
No, bursary funds are not repayable after finishing school but can only be repayable in total amount if the student does not complete their studies.
Does the bursary cover the whole amount of the course and accommodation at Northern Cape Urban TVET College?
No, the bursary does not cover the total amount of the course and accommodation. Each student will be given a different amount depending on the outcome of the means test. Therefore, students are expected to pay the outstanding fees.
Does NCU TVET College provide student accommodation?
Yes. The college provides accommodation at House Elliot Hostel and Phatsimang Hostel, but the capacity is limited. Students must apply online for hostel accommodation by completing the Hostel Registration Form. The accommodation has a separate fee and is available to registered students. Students are required to pay a deposit before they can move into the hostel.
For more information on the 2023 intakes , you can join NCU TVET COllege on Facebook @ NCU TVET College.