Western College for TVET 2023 Intake
Western College for TVET (Westcol) is one of 50 public TVET colleges forming part of the Department of Higher Education and Training. Western College for TVET offers various National Certificates in the Business, Engineering and General fields of study and has registered Examination Centers at Campuses. The college also has adult learning facilities at Randfontein and Krugersdrop campuses. This facility caters for learners that would like to do grade 10 and complete AET levels 1-4 to be eligible for mainstream education.
Campuses and Addresses
CORPORATE OFFICE PARK
42 Johnstone Street, Randfontein
P/Bag X17, Randfontein 1760
Tel: 011 692 4004/82
20 South Street, Carltonville
Tel: 018 787 4102
32 Von Brandis Street, Krugersdorp
Tel: 011 953 1140
Krugersdorp West Campus
69 Flemming Avenue, KRUGERSDORP-WEST
Tel: 011 660 1709
9 Kiewiet Street, Helikonpark, RANDFONTEIN
Tel: 011 693 3608
109 Botha Street,
Tel: 011 784 1089
How to apply at Western College for TVET
Applications are to be made online. You must attach documents certified no later than six months and be in PDF format. Follow the steps below to apply:
- Applicants need to complete the PLACEMENT ASSESSMENT in full Click Here for the PLACEMENT ASSESSMENT.
- You can complete the APPLICATION SCORING POINTS (APS) SYSTEM, and the link will then direct you to the college’s application portal.
Required documents to apply at Western College for TVET
- Grade 12 certificate/Statement of results/Latest school report/DHET certificate
- ID document
- Proof of residence
- SAQA must evaluate all qualifications
- They must have valid study permits
- Valid passport
Do you wish to study at Western College for TVET but can’t afford the fees?
You can apply for an NFAS bursary. NFAS requires you to provide an email address and phone number for all the necessary communication. The bursary will cater for your tuition fees, accommodation and transport. You can start attending lectures before you are awarded the bursary, but until the bursary is paid to Western College for TVET, you will be held responsible for paying fees. Should you be awarded the bursary, the college will refund the fees. Certified copies must accompany your application forms (not older than three months from certification and must be in pdf format) of the documents below, with your phone number written on each copy.
- Submit four copies of the student’s ID.
- Parent’s/guardian’s/spouses’ ID.
- Copies of the ID of each member of the household.
- parent’s/guardian’s/spouses ‘payslip.
- Submit your recent school report or statement of results.
- Proof of death if parents are deceased.
- Affidavit of parents/guardians if they are unemployed
- Medical report if you have a disability condition
Follow Western College for TVET on Facebook @ Westcol – TVET or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.